Monday, January 3, 2011

Half Marathon Training Week One Day One

So let the Half Marathon Training begin!  

I downloaded this awesome 12 week training schedule from the interwebs - my first day was today here is a break down:
Where I ran: Treadmill (sucks but I am a newbie runner and I am NOT running in these winter temps)
Warm Up: 5 min at 3mph
Total Time: 30 min
Total Distance: 2 Miles (2 min runs at 5mph followed by 1 min recovery walk at 3mph until two miles was completed)

Overall I felt this run went well.  I woke up at 5:15am and was on the treadmill by 5:45am.  I definitely need to improve my getting out of bed time.  Sadly waking up isn't the problem - I get up with no problems - it's actually getting out of my bed that's a problem! I mean hey - it's winter time and I usually have two cats cuddled up with me - you would find it hard to get out of bed too! I was a little sore because yesterday was our first ski trip of the season..Skiing = amazing leg workout FYI! 

This first week is a four day training week with my next run being a 2.5 mile run with the same intervals..I can't wait!

As a side note - I downloaded this awesome running app onto my Droid - RunKeeper Pro - it tracks distance, give audible cues that you can customize and it works with GPS so you can track your routes!  It's awesome!!!  And a big plus - It's FREE to download on iPhone and Droids but only until the end of January so HURRY! Just click HERE for instructions!

Happy Running!

No comments: