Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Almost Gave Up...

Yes, you read that right folks.  Today I almost gave up my hopes of running in a 5k this May.  I kept telling myself that I am not a runner - what was I thinking?  I went out for my first run outside today and let's just say it did not go as planned!  Yesterday I ran a little over 2 miles on the treadmill and I pushed really hard running at a pace over 5.0mph.  Well I think I pushed to much because today the shin splints are BAD!  I mean can't move off the couch bad!  BUT I thought maybe I just need to suck it up and go out.  So off I went to do some laps around my neighborhood....My laps (plural) turned into a lap (singular).  I just couldn't fight through the pain.  So as I was sitting here icing my shins
and catching up on how some virtual friends are doing on Sparkpeople, I came across a blog written by a very motivational girl named Erin, (you can check out her blog post here Erin's Blog), she blew me away!  In the past two years she has lost over 80lbs just by changing her diet and getting off the couch.  No crazy diet pills or fads, just plain ole common sense!  Not only that, she is currently training to run in a half marathon!

I wish! - I think I will stick to trying to tackle a 5k first.

So, thanks to Erin, my motivation is back.  I mean I know it's tough and I know I hurt but so does everyone else when they train.  Isn't that why we have to train?  Back on track it is 5k or BUST!

As far as my nemesis the scale

 - It hasn't moved all that much - so we are still not on speaking terms!  We hope to become friends really soon but it is just being very stubborn!

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Saint Patrick's Day!

No comments: