Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life - 1 Fitness - 0!

Life scores one! 

Well lets see this week I think I'm gonna have to let life win out! It has been such a crazy week that I haven't gotten home until close to 9pm almost every night!  

Is this an excuse?

Well yes...and no! 

Yes, because well frankly after working all day coming home fixing dinner (which by the way I didn't have time to eat myself - I rock as a wife!) and then leaving again I just didn't feel like working out! 

No, because my alarm IS set for 5:45am every morning in hopes that I would get out of bed head down to the gym (which is conveniently located in my basement no less) and get my lazy butt on the treadmill...As you can tell by the title of this blog - that didn't happen.

How sad is it that the alarm goes off and I wake up (for the most part) and yet I still don't walk the thirty steps into my basement?  I am so lucky to basically have a fully equipped gym in my basement and I don't use it? WHY??? Well the answer to that my friends is easy - and it's why I am so "fluffy" - I am LAZY! 

So my dear blog readers - This is where I need help from all of you - help me get motivated and stay motivated!  I definitely need to change my outlook from the above picture to this:

On a positive note - I did make it to my hour long Yoga class on Wednesday night - because one - I had a dear friends waiting for me and I have stood her up a few times now and two - because I stood up said friend a few times the instructor called me out on it in class!  

So my fellow followers - What do you do to stay motivated?  Or in my case get started???

Help me tie up this little match of Life and Fitness!

4 comments:

coleen said...

You can get motivation from all over... pictures, thoughts, goals, quotes, etc. The list is on going. But the real hurdle is YOU. You can get motivated, but the work is in your hands. I keep myself motivated with a constant reminder of how hard I worked to get to where I am physically & mentally.

Change occurs when you want it to. But you have to want it to make the change. (Make sense?!)

Getting started isn't always as easy as it seems. MY PERSONAL SUGGESTION: Define your gaols (health/career/personal); Recognize and say hello to a future you; a goal is powerful when it's written, so how about a fancy written reminder?

Action & positive affirmations only! Try replacing the words "wish", "should" and "try" with "I WILL!" :)

Lisa said...

Coleen your positivity is so uplifting! Thank you!

Kristen Kaleal said...

I'm a longtime Fitworks member. And I didn't go for years. They just opened a new gym by me. Newness is motivating. I'm one of those people who cannot work out by myself. I have dozens of DVDs that are still in the wrapper. I'm a social exerciser. Not that I'm super chatty in class, but I do much better with a group dynamic. It has taken years to figure that out. As of weds morning, I had logged 6.5 hours at the gym this week. All classes. I do a weight class and spin back to back 3x a week and then started back at killer death yoga last wk. So maybe first thing in the morning isn't the right time for you...and obviously you're not feeling motivated to hit the treadmill either. Maybe reevaluate what you're doing? I actually started running "just because". I'm already getting all my cardio in and my body just said one day, "hey, it's time to start running." Weird. But learning to be more intuitive to how my body and mind work has been key.

AshPash said...

I have the same problem. I have 147 days until I have to show up and be the center of attention at my own wedding and I can't even get it done. Of course I have several jobs, etc....but I can't use that as an excuse. I need to make it happen. I appreciate you sharing your story though. I really do need to make a change.