Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Take that Mr. Treadmill...

Happy Wednesday!  
 "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination. - Tommy Lasorda"
 
I am in an unusually good mood this morning.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was able to get up and make it two days in a row on the treadmill!

Take that Treadmill - you thought you wouldn't get used! =)

People say that when you work out you feel better..now that I have gotten on the treadmill two days in a row...I kinda do feel better!  Do I feel skinny and sexy?  No, that will come with time (and about a 25lb weight loss).  But I do feel..accomplished - which is a GREAT feeling.

My workout wasn't a "hard" one today as I really want to ease back into things to avoid injury.  Now to avoid the bad things - Candy, sugar - CRAP food!  I am normally not a bad eater at all, but I go through stages where I can't get enough junk food (as do all women I am sure)! So today when I get the urge to eat that candy bar at 2pm I am going to drink a nice cold glass of water and wait...If I still want that candy bar after that then I will have just a bite and throw the rest away.

What do you do to avoid the cravings that you encounter throughout the day?  Any tricks you would like to share?

Workout:
Treadmill - A quick run to get my heart rate going - 1.25 miles in 15 minutes (sadly that is a personal record for me)
Weights - 20 reps at 10lbs of various bicep work
Total work out time - 30 min.
Estimated Calories burned = 231

No comments: